To provide positive, high quality soccer opportunities at all levels of play for youth and their families and to serve as a valuable community partner. We are committed to providing all our members with the opportunity to develop athletically and personally in a positive, supportive, and safe environment.
Have Fun: Share and promote a love and enthusiasm for the game to keep soccer enjoyable at every level of play.
Commit to Excellence: Deliver what we promise, set high standards, and achieve goals through an unparalleled work ethic.
Cultivate Community: Build strong relationships that value trust, respect, honesty, diversity, and community engagement.
Encourage Innovation: Embrace a culture of creativity, forward thinking, and personal growth on and off the field.
Demonstrate Passion: Represent the club, your team, and our community with pride in all you do.
Code of Conduct
Whereas: The safety, welfare and well-being of our youth players are the primary concern and responsibility of Corpus Christi FC Academy.
All members, employees, volunteers, and contractors acting as a representative of or on behalf of CCFC Academy, in the course of doing business with CCFC Academy, or attending a CCFC Academy event will adhere to the following:
1) All children will be equally treated with respect regardless of sex, race, religion, and culture.
2) Children will not be touched in ways that make them feel uncomfortable, and their right to say no will be respected.
3) At no time during a CCFC Academy game, practice or other CCFC event will any employee, volunteer, or contractor be alone with a single child where they cannot be observed by others.
4) Children will not be left unsupervised
a) Children will not be dropped off and left at any field before that child is under adult supervision.
b) Coaches/team personnel will not leave any child unsupervised until the child is picked up.
5) Any type of abuse will not be tolerated and may be cause for immediate dismissal.
a) No player will ever be subjected to:
i) Physical abuse – including but not limited to: striking, spanking, shaking, slapping.
ii) Verbal abuse – including but not limited to: humiliation, degrading comments, threats.
iii) Sexual abuse – including but not limited to: inappropriate sexual touching or exposure or conduct which created a sexually hostile environment.
iv) Mental abuse – including but not limited to: shaming, cruelty, or neglect such as withholding food, water, basic care, etc.
6) Use of positive techniques of guidance is encouraged, including redirection, positive reinforcement and encouragement rather than comparison and criticism. Staff, volunteer coaches, and team officials will have age appropriate expectations and set up guidelines and environments that minimize the need for discipline.
7) Physical restraint will be used only when necessary to protect the child or other children from harm. When physical restraint is administered, the situation must be immediately documented in writing to the CCFC Academy Director.
8) The use, possession, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs immediately before and during CCFC Academy events involving its layers is prohibited. Employees, volunteers, and contractors may be subject to drug screening.
9) Intimate displays of affection will be refrained from.
10) Smoking or the use of tobacco is prohibited.
11) The use of profanity in the presence of CCFC Academy players is prohibited.
12) Inappropriate jokes and sharing intimate details of one’s personal life are prohibited.
13) Social Networking between adults and individual CCFC Academy Players is discouraged. Electronic and phone communications with CCFC Academy players should be limited to soccer-specific topics.